Quality Management - History
According to Wikipedia, the concept of quality management was invented in the United States in the 1940s and developed more intensively in Japan starting in 1981. Quality management was adopted by leading companies in Europe starting in 1988 and further developed for Europe.
In our opinion, the origins of quality management can be traced back thousands of years to the ancient world – in other words, back to the cradle of our civilization.
Monuments, including the pyramids, obelisks, grand tombs, etc., were built to worship the king of the gods and all-father of creation, Ra, and his earthly manifestations, the Pharaohs, using construction methods and systems that remain a mystery to this day. They are the origins of superlative quality management.
The satisfaction of the customer (the Pharaohs) was always exceeded.
OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
Quality management has undergone very rapid development in the last few years. Today’s quality management systems use "Total Quality Management" (TQM) or "Business Excellence" and the "Balanced Scorecard" as the foundation for continuous and process-oriented improvement of all of a company’s procedures.
The installation of a quality management system in your hotel ensures quality to meet and exceed the guests’ expectations.
Quality management focuses on results and means lowering costs, securing and increasing revenues, improving operating results, increasing efficiency and productivity and, last but not least, ensuring your company’s existence as the basis for a rating. Results-oriented measures in companies are becoming increasingly important for hotels, banks and insurance companies.
Your guest/customer expects to see accurate and detailed information about his/her host before making the reservation. Creating an honest and descriptive presentation of the hotel/company for guests/customers is essential.
Detailed information about the accommodations and services, both "standard" and "executive", allows guests to form a comprehensive picture in order to make a decision.
Any discrepancy between the promised services and the services the guests actually receive can cause the customer to be disappointed. Hotels, limousine service companies, restaurants, banks, insurance companies or government services therefore make a big affair out of the fact that they keep their promises every day.
PARTIAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
CLA would like to offer you an introduction to its quality management for the sub-section of Transfer & Travel Management.
TARGET GROUPS- Hotels & hotel groups
- Limousine service companies
- Coach and bus companies
- Event planners
- * Banks & insurance companies
- * International sales companies
- * Government offices & embassies
* with their own fleet
AREAS & SEGMENTS
- Fleet management
- Sales & marketing
- Front Office management
- Event management
- Bell boys / doormen
- Garage & vehicle maintenance
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Our highly qualified partner can ensure total, certified quality management for hotels and hotel groups. If you would like some information please contact them directly.
Depending on its size, the company will be served by 1-2 coaches during the entire operation, as follows:
- Mystery check
- Analysis and stocktaking
- Plan creation
- Presentation and budget concept
- Implementation phase and realization
- Annual quality checks
1) The implementation is developed for essential processes in
the following areas based on ISO 9000-2000:
- the responsibility of company executives and management
- the resources (tools)
- the core processes of the individual areas, oriented on the
company / the group’s philosophy
2) Brief training and coaching sessions for the individual processes with the company's employees – implementation support and monitoring of results.
3) Individual areas, such as Concierge / Reception as a process. This requires core processes to be developed.
4) The time frame depends on the size of the company and is discussed with you in detail. Approximately 1-3 months for total quality management systems. The time frame is less for partial quality management.
5) Software that is tailored to your needs can be used for the documentation and creation of a quality management handbook.
The goal of the quality management task is to make fewer mistakes, lower costs and ensure the enjoyment of your guests through safe, clearly defined and efficient processes within the company, to gain market advantages by differentiating yourself and improving your ability to compete with others.
In developing the quality management system: savings with respect to time and money with the prepared handbook.
Supporting arguments for third parties
- The possibility of "I have always wanted to change that"
- Constant updating of the standard through regular audits
- Differentiate yourself from others –
through ISO certification/your own seal of quality
- Certainty that your company’s philosophy will be followed
- Cooperation and group certification
Discussion of the procedures with executive management, establishment of the internal QM, presentation of the system to department heads.
The coach accompanies you throughout the entire campaign and offers suggestions.
All of the included departments and employees will be taken into consideration, existing processes will be documented and sorted into process groups. Creation of a quality circle for processing.
Determination of the processes to be revamped with executive management (based on urgency).
Working on and improvement of the individual process groups according to internal plan.
All of the processes will be documented (handbook) in a system stipulated by ISO 9000-2000. ISO certification will be possible after an internal audit.